Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ikeadventure Epilogue: Couch!!!

Hi guys,

Followup to last week's Ikea post--my couch and bookshelves showed up today!  This is a big deal for me, really makes me feel like my apartment is complete.  Not to mention the fact that now my friends have a place to stay when they come over . . .

It being Ikea, of course they all showed up in pieces.  So clearly, the only thing to do was put on a movie and get building.  I thought The LEGO Movie would be appropriate . . .

My friend Tamas asked "how many parts can a couch possibly come in?" . . . it's Ikea, Tamas
Ahh yes, small apartment problems--where do I put this box while I put together my couch?  Throw it in the loft



Everything put together, this apartment really does feel like a home.  Plenty of storage space, and a great couch to relax on.  Ikea, what would we do without you?

And I got the measurements perfectly--one couch and two bookshelves, with only about 6cm clearance.  Perfect!

Fits very nicely in the corner, and doesn't block any of the natural light at all
Funnily, the room actually looks smaller in photos with the couch--of course, I got an extra wide couch XD
Don't worry, the pantry, bar, and dishware sections of those shelves are going to get more crowded



And with that, my couch is officially open for visitors!  Although ask first--the last week in January, first week in February, and first week in March are already taken . . .

Everything is AWESOME

Noah out

No comments:

Post a Comment